It had long been predicted from the then-ongoing trends that mobile friendly websites were to increase aggressively in the years to come. This breakneck shift from desktop to mobile devices has left the businesses with no option than adapting to this shift. Looking at the present scenario, not having a mobile friendly website is next to murdering your online business.
People have become extremely impatient when it comes to fetching information and services. They want everything quickly. Those businesses who are not yet taking full advantage of the technological advancements, might miss the opportunity of attracting customers. It has become exceedingly essential for businesses to be able to cater to the needs of the customers over mobile devices. It won’t be wrong to say that, capturing the customers over their smartphones is equal to having them on all other platforms.
Why are mobile friendly websites so important?
- Over the past few years, the smartphones have become quite affordable. And with an all time increase in smartphone users, most of the people now prefer browsing over their phones rather than desktops.
- As the smartphone users are increasing, so is the mobile internet. And this creates a huge opportunity for online businesses.
- Having a mobile friendly website is a great help in SEO as these sites help in improving the rankings on search engines.
- Plainly said: Competition! No one wants to get beaten by their competitors. Even if you have a website for non-desktop devices but it is not mobile friendly, the internet users might end up switching to another site with a more compatible and hence, they will never come back to your website. And to be true, this can cause serious harm to your online business.
- Google ranks mobile friendly websites higher & promotes responsive web design.
If you haven’t made the switch yet, perhaps now is a good time to consider it – you don’t want to get left behind!
Need help? Contact us.